Grandpa's Hot Italian Pork Sausage (1.5 lbs)$28.15
Our Hot Italian Sausage is delicious and juicy with that crunch you can only get with real pork casing. The sausage is made from the pork butt (shoulder) of well-fatted hogs that makes the addition of more fat unnecessary. We add both ground fennel and whole fennel to give the sausage that classic Italian flavor. Hot red pepper and spices give the sausage that reddish coloring and add some heat. Grandpa was the sausage maker in the family. We still use all of his original recipes, made with the finest quality meat in the country.
The care and attention given to our Hampshire hogs is unmatched. They are fed a natural corn and 100% natural vegetarian diet including vitamins, mineral supplements and probiotics to enhance natural immunity. The feed is routinely tested to be free of chemical residues. The Hampshire’s are fed a safe diet of GMO-free ground corn, soybean meal, and premix of natural vitamins and minerals in varying percentages from the nursery to their finishing ration. Additionally, the Hampshire’s have free access to pasture where their diet is enhanced with foraged grasses, clover and alfalfa. They always enjoy animal-friendly surroundings. With “hoop” barns and pasture huts during inclement conditions, the hogs continue to enjoy social interaction, fresh deep straw bedding, and clean tested water. Gestation or farrowing crates are never used and the hogs have ample space for mobility and complete radius of movement in all phases of their development.
This package includes 1.5 lbs. of Grandpa’s Hot Italian Sausage
- Ingredients: Pork, Water, Sea Salt, Spices, Turbinado Sugar, Natural Flavorings, Spice Extractives
- Sausage ships fresh, never frozen, uncooked, and with ice packs, may thaw in transit
- When you receive your order you should immediately refrigerate all meat items
- We recommend that you eat all meat products within 1 week of arrival for best results
- Once items are removed from the plastic, they should be consumed within 48 hours
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Pat LaFrieda Meat Purveyors ships Monday-Friday of each week.
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes.
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.